Monday, August 4, 2014

Planners, pencil and paper gal!

   This is the second year in our homeschooling journey, and I intend to document it better this year. I could talk about curricula, we chose done great ones this year (at least great for us), but I think that is for another post. I want to tell you about my love for planning and planners.  I really try to love the electronic versions, mobile or pc, they never have everything I want. I finally figured out that this is due to my wants changing. I printed and spiral bound the planner I compiled last year, and it was dropped before the end of the school year.  I have up on it, and it was bulky. Ever my new find, ARC by staples! I have no affiliates and make no money to tell you about this lovely and accommodating product, some of the reviews I read may have. Most of the pages I've printed are from the Weekly Homeschool Planner and others have been compiled from free planners and printables around the net or from the curricula publisher. Another I recommend, I found after my purchase, is this Homeschool Planner Printable from Polka Dot Posie.






     Today was our "First Day of School"!  We went over rules, consequences, routines, goals, had a fun interview and Mr. Bug wrote for Miss Peanut.  This evening I will take back to school pictures with some printables that I made from a template by Sassy Designs.  We are also hoping to get to the library so we have some of our resources.  I will certain write up a post for each of the kids curricula choices and how they are working throughout the year!  What are you using to plan?  D you have a favorite app, software, or a planner available on the market? I would love to hear!





2 comments:

  1. I've never seen an ARC planner-that's really neat! I see how you can pull the pages out easily-do they tend to fall out at all?
    I love the Homeschool Planner App but I've found I like a paper planner way more. Probably bc I am really wordy and this year with my older daughter's planning I can't just say-lesson 1, lesson 2.
    So I made my own this year! I used some free pages I found online but the actual planning pages I made. I ended up making a daily planner bc if I don't write details and all the extras (like flash card work) we don't do them. So each kid has a sheet for each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! I use the weekly planning page for lesson numbers, pages to be read, and other assignments. I use the page with 6 boxes for notes or further explanation!

      The pages don't fall out, I was worried about that too. The items that fell were laminated printables I keep out for myself. I did need to buy the planner case, better paper (24lb), and the ARC hole punch. Staples have me a teacher discount, so I got the hole punch for $13 and it is normally $44!

      Delete